I love CSS. Wrapping my mind around some of its more incricate features requires a good understanding of the basics--and that's what this video is all about. We're going to cover selecting HTML elements by their tag names, by class, and by ID, and introduce the concept of CSS Specificity.
Make sure you hit that SHARE button if you found this video useful!0:31
- Overview of our markup1:22
- What is CSS?1:52
- Linking your CSS file in HTML3:05
- Selecting by tag name3:57
- Selecting children elements by tag name6:16
- Choosing your selectors6:51
- IDs and classes8:51
- Getting specific10:40
- Multiple classes on a single element 12:03
- Selecting for IDs12:31
- Intro to Specificity14:14
- Example of specificity
Join this channel to get access to perks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv1K...
You can find me on these socials:
* Odysee: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@TheLinux...
* I am an Odysee partner
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/_gbryant
* Mastodon: https://social.librem.one/@gbryant
Support the Show
* Patreon: https://patreon.com/thelinuxgamer/
* BTC: 1DckZocn7pA7MDzKSu98UbS4TjocfK633x
* ETH: 0x1C0FDD6d450679359876a077A15DFd0537E8C2D8
* Merch: teespring.com/stores/official-linux-g...
* Liberapay: https://liberapay.com/TheLinuxGamer/
* Humble: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/?p...
# Comment Section Rules
1. Be kind to each other.
2. Don't swear, don't use racial slurs (you will be automodded)
3. I reserve the right to permanently ban habitually abusive commenters and I don't apologize. You /won't/ be notified.
If you can't *cope* with having rules, you're welcome to *not* leave a comment.
You can email me at gardiner-at-heavyelement-dot-io
# What are your machines specs?
* AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
* MSI Pro Series X370 SLI PLUS
* AMD RX VEGA 64
* GSkill Ripjaw V DDR4 8GB x4 (32 GB)
* Fractal Design Define R9 Case
* Manjaro GNOME
Living Room Gaming Rig:
* ASUS X99-E-10G WS
* Intel Core i7-6900K @ 3.2GHz
* NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
* DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB x8 (64GB)
* System76 Thelio Minor
* AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
* DDR4 16GB RAM
* Zotac Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
* ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
* AMD FX 6300 at 3.5 GHz
* Nvidia GTX 750 1GB
* DDR3 20 GB RAM
Funky Choon (a.k.a. The Linux Gamer Theme Song) by Brothers Nylon https://youtu.be/njrIkXpB7oU
This Work is protected under the Authoral Integrity License (AIL): https://github.com/heavyelement/ail/